Saturday, April 09, 2011

April 9th - Reflection


Psalm 130 (NRSV)
Mercy and redemption

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord.
Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my supplications!

If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with you,
so that you may be revered.


I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than those who watch for the morning,
more than those who watch for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is great power to redeem.
It is he who will redeem Israel
from all its iniquities.

Reflection
I long for God. I long for God to forgive me and show me love. Even though I hear the words of forgiveness and feel the love, I long for that forgiveness and love. There are times when I feel so far away from God. I feel as if I'm lost in hopelessness and despair. But then I become aware of the greatness of God. I realize through all that surrounds me that God is way bigger than I can ever imagine.

So, when I watch and know how God is there with me; with me in the highs and the lows, I feel that steadfast love of God and see how great is his power to save me. Far apart from God in my feelings, yet God is closer than I could ever imagine. God is close in the highs and the lows. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I yearn for your love and your closeness. But then I realize how close you always are and stand in awe. I stand in awe of how great you are even with how small I am, you love me. --- Amen

No comments: