Friday, November 06, 2009

November 6th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=f0d1a31ab1a0e3097353

Readings
Ezekiel 14:13-16:41
Ezekiel 16:6b-7a - I said to you, "Live! and grow up like a plant of the field."
Hebrews 7:18-28
Hebrews 7:25 - Consequently he is able for all time to save those who approach God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
Psalm 106:1-12
Psalm 106:1 - Praise the LORD! O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever.
Proverbs 27:4-6

Reflection
Something scares us and we run for protection. We run towards what we know will keep us safe. We run to what has kept us safe in the past. It may be instinct or it has become instinct. We get a little curious sometimes and then, Boo! --- something scares us back to our source of protection. We run back to our source of life.

Is your source of life rooted and grounded by the Truth? Is your source of life based upon the Word? Is your source of life proven through a sacrificial Love? Is your source of life willing to protect and save you at all costs? Is your source of life that which gives you growth and life? Are you able to approach your source of life? Does your source of life love you so much that it would run to you when you are in danger?

Praise the Lord! Give thanks to Jesus, the source of life, for His steadfast love endures forever.

Prayer
Lord, You are my source of life. I give thanks for Your welcome and open arms when I'm afraid and run to You. I give thanks that You ran to me when I was in trouble and too stupid to realize it and You ran to me. I give thanks, that You alone are my source of life. ---Amen

No comments: