Tuesday, November 03, 2009

October 31st - November 3rd Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=68a4c2bc6bc5ba337b4e

Readings
Lamentations 4:1-5:22
Lamentations 5:21a - Restore us to yourself, O LORD, that we may be restored...
Ezekiel 1:1-9:11
Ezekiel 3:2 - So I opened my mouth and he gave me the scroll to eat.
Hebrews 2:1-5:14
Hebrews 4:12a - Indeed, the word of God is living and active...
Psalms 103:1-105:15
Psalm 103:11-12 - For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as east is from the west, so far he removes our transgressions from us.
Proverbs 26:23-28

Reflection
As far as the east is from the west. Lord, how far? You remove my sins how far? Each morning I come before you renewed yet humble. Each evening I recall my sins of the day and hear Your voice telling me that You have removed those sins...how far? Each morning I arise a new man. I break forth from under those baptismal waters of the evening before, when You chose to drown my sin of yesterday and cast those sins...how far? As far as the east is from the west!

Each morning once again I taste the sweetness of that scroll you give me to eat. I taste the Word made flesh. I taste you and look to scripture and see You in every story and in every circumstance of the word. My eyes open to the scriptures, looking through Your eyes, and You are revealed. Each morning, I take you into my mind and body. A communion of bread in the Word, and wine in the blood that I see through Your eyes in the scriptures. Each morning I hear Your voice speaking to me this day and leaving me with a message to remember and live for that day.

Each morning, indeed the Word of God is living and active, and restoration takes place. Each morning, as far as the east is from the west, You move and hold Your people in Your hands! Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I give You thanks that this morning once again You have held me, lead me, taught me and fed me. Send me out filled with Your love and compassion that I may do likewise to those You give to me this day. And as others in this world go to sleep or arise cast their transgressions as far as the east is from the west and fill their lives with the restoration only You can give. ---Amen

No comments: