Monday, July 02, 2012

July 2rd Reflection by Bill Lynch

Stand up and Listen


Read Ezekiel 2:1-5

"So what is heaven like?" Words that I heard said to me the other day. A complex question as we live in this world. If I were to take the passage above and apply this question to it; I would say that heaven is being called by God and given God's words to say to a people that would save a people. Heaven would be the moment that the Spirit entered into me and gave me the power to carry out God's wishes and desires with strength that was beyond my own strength. Heaven would be the salvation of people in a corporate sense. God comes to us individually, for sure, but God also comes to us as a people. God loves and saves the people.

Reflect passages of the Bible and realize that we have a God that is a corporate God saving people and nations. God may come to you as an individual and the Spirit may move in and through you, but it's not for your own benefit as much as it's for the salvation of God's People.

So stand up and listen to God. Stand up not just for yourself. Stand up and may the Spirit move in and through you, not for one person alone all of the time, but perhaps for God's People some of the time too.
Stand up... and listen to God.

Prayer
Lord, if you call, I will stand and listen to your Word. If you don't call I will stand up and listen to your Word and take action by standing up for your People, by their side and to their defense in compassion and love for all you have taught through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: