Friday, July 06, 2012

July 6th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Read Mark 6:1-6

Hands



In the early years we spent much time in the dirt and with the scroll. Playing in the dirt was one of my favorite things to do, but rolling the scroll was by far the best. As I rolled the scroll, eyes became as if one with the Word they gazed upon. It was as if as I rolled the scroll, my being became flesh with the Word and the entire body sprang to life.

Then as I grew older, I worked with the wood. The wood became my way of bringing life from dead wood. Wood that once had life and lost it, sprang to new life and new creation in the things that my Father and I created.

But this day was different. I was with those I had lived with all my life and the healing and new life from me was hard for them to believe. Only a few sick were healed. Why can't the believe in this flesh, this Word, this new life?

Prayer
Lord, open my eyes to your Word, your Flesh, your Blood and the new life you have come to give us all that I may believe. --- Amen

No comments: