Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October 29th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 34:1-10, 22
Of David, when he feigned madness before Abimelech, so that he drove him out, and he went away.
I will bless the Lord at all times;
   his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
   let the humble hear and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me,
   and let us exalt his name together.


I sought the Lord, and he answered me,
   and delivered me from all my fears.
Look to him, and be radiant;
   so your faces shall never be ashamed.
This poor soul cried, and was heard by the Lord,
   and was saved from every trouble.
The angel of the Lord encamps
   around those who fear him, and delivers them.
O taste and see that the Lord is good;
   happy are those who take refuge in him.
O fear the Lord, you his holy ones,
   for those who fear him have no want.
The young lions suffer want and hunger,
   but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

The Lord redeems the life of his servants;
   none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

Reflection
How often we think of God coming to us. God did come to us and is always with us. God came to you and to me in Jesus and for this we can all be thankful and give God all glory, honor and praise.

But I think of the reverse times as well. How many times have I sought God. I desire to be with God and in God's presence. All of the time for that matter. I want to be with God especially in my times of need and want. When I am sick or ill or poor or any other need... I want God! I want God like a child wants a parent to protect and rescue me.

And then there are those times that I'm happy. How I want God to see me and be with me and look at my happiness. How I want God to give me a high five and celebrate the blessing or joy that I feel at that moment. I seek God to be with God and laugh and run for joy in God's presence.

But there are also those dark times when I'm in the midst of sin when I don't seek God. When I hide from God. Those times have always lead me to a realization that God is always with me... even in the midst of my sin. I may as well confess my sin and return to God for teaching, understanding, correction and forgiveness. I need the presence of God always. Once again I always want to be with God in all circumstances.

You come to realize that the presence of God is needed in life. The presence of God is the source of life. The presence of God is life. The presence of God is salvation and true love.

As David in the passage above rejoices in his relationship with God and God's presence in his life; so too can we all rejoice and give thanks and praise to God for God's presence in our lives.

I always seek God and I have found that God has always sought me.

Thanks be to God!

Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZoPGi8juP4

Prayer
Lord, be with me this day and give me the joy and the hope of your presence always with me. As I run to be in your presence, lead me through the tough times and be with me in the joyful times that we may always be together... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen


No comments: