Thursday, July 14, 2016

Who, me?


Psalm 15
Who Shall Abide in God’s Sanctuary?

A Psalm of David.
O Lord, who may abide in your tent?
   Who may dwell on your holy hill?

Those who walk blamelessly, and do what is right,
   and speak the truth from their heart;
who do not slander with their tongue,
   and do no evil to their friends,
   nor take up a reproach against their neighbours;
in whose eyes the wicked are despised,
   but who honour those who fear the Lord;
who stand by their oath even to their hurt;
who do not lend money at interest,
   and do not take a bribe against the innocent.

Those who do these things shall never be moved.

Reflection

Wow, I'll never be able to attend worship if I have to meet all of these requirements!

God's tent and holy hill bring to mind the Tabernacle and the Temple. Who can go into those places?

If we do go into those places would we see God face to face?
I think maybe we would.

Would I be worthy to enter one of those places? Would I be clean?
I don't think so; not on my own efforts, I'm sure I would fail all of the requirements.

So now what? Will I ever see God?
I have! God comes to me in Word and Spirit and Sacrament. God comes to me in the flesh of people I would least expect and in flesh of those I would expect. God comes to me in the daily miracles of life and God comes to me in death. Yes... I see God!

So, can I enter?
I sure can! God opened wide the Holy of Holies and tore open that curtain to expose God to me and to all creation at the death of Jesus on the cross. God forgives sin. God defeats evil, death and the devil for me and for all people so that we can see God face to face.

Yes, I can enter into worship with God and see God. I can enter as clean as a whistle because of what God has done. I can enter and see God without the burden of sin. I can enter the Temple, the Tabernacle, the Worship Service, the Heart, because of everything God has done.

Do you believe it?
Yes!
God came to this earth in the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ. He lived, he healed, he taught, he suffered, he died and he rose again.
Jesus came and called disciples to witness to his love. Disciples like you and me. He called us one on one and one on all to walk in his presence and to follow his call for each of us and for all of us.
Believe it!

Thanks be to God!

Music


Prayer

Lord, as I enter into your presence, take me as I am. Show me your way. Hear my prayer and lead me and guide me in the path you have planned for me... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: