Saturday, September 30, 2017

Teach me Lord!

Image result for teach me o godPsalm 25:1-9
Prayer for Guidance and for Deliverance

Of David.
To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 
O my God, in you I trust;
   do not let me be put to shame;
   do not let my enemies exult over me. 
Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame;
   let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous. 


Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
   teach me your paths. 
Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
   for you are the God of my salvation;
   for you I wait all day long. 


Be mindful of your mercy, O Lord, and of your steadfast love,
   for they have been from of old. 
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
   according to your steadfast love remember me,
   for your goodness’ sake, O Lord! 


Good and upright is the Lord;
   therefore he instructs sinners in the way. 
He leads the humble in what is right,
   and teaches the humble his way.

Reflection

This portion of psalm reminds me to trust in God and to seek his guidance and teachings all through my life. It reminds me that I am a sinner and in need of God's mercy and forgiveness. This psalm reminds me that my life is not about me, or only for me, but is also for God and those God gives to me in life daily.

This psalm reminds me that God will show me the way that I am to act out God's love towards God and towards my neighbor. 

In my sinful nature God comes to me as a teacher I can trust and learn from. God opens up to me the lives of so many people from the Old Testament thru the New Testament that are examples of God's hand in the lives of his sinful people as they attempt to do God's will, learn God's teaching and seek to understand God's salvation.

I think God also makes a story out of my life and the lives of so many people that I am personally familiar with, that shows me God's action of love in their lives and God's direction towards salvation.

Prayer

Lord, as I trust you in this life you have given me, may I do your will and walk in your way as you desire for me to do with all of the people you give to me day after day. Create a life in me that has it's own unique story of the glory you deserve. Forgive me when I fail and teach me in my wrongs all along the way... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: