Tuesday, February 05, 2013

February 5th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Psalm 138
Thanksgiving and Praise

Of David.
I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
   before the gods I sing your praise;
I bow down towards your holy temple
   and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness;
   for you have exalted your name and your word
   above everything.
On the day I called, you answered me,
   you increased my strength of soul.

All the kings of the earth shall praise you, O Lord,
   for they have heard the words of your mouth.
They shall sing of the ways of the Lord,
   for great is the glory of the Lord.
For though the Lord is high, he regards the lowly;
   but the haughty he perceives from far away.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
   you preserve me against the wrath of my enemies;
you stretch out your hand,
   and your right hand delivers me.
The Lord will fulfil his purpose for me;
   your steadfast love, O Lord, endures for ever.
   Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Psalm
by Bill Lynch

Lord, each day I come to you,
   and you faithfully hear my voice.
You listen to my cry for help,
   you give me rest and strength.
You are almighty and wonderful,
   for you are great and listen.

Lord, you act and show your love,
   you reach out to me and act.
How many times I don't deserve,
   but you come to me and heal.
You are wonderful in power and glory,
   and above all creation.

Lord, you give protection from harm,
   and bring victory to the oppressed.
Your purpose is steadfast and trustworthy,
   and your love is unchanging.
I love to spring into action for you,
   for I place all my trust, hope and faith in you.

Prayer
Trustworthy, faithful, wonderful Father, I give you all the glory and honor and praise. You are all I need. You are my beginning and end. I rest in you alone... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: