Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Isaiah 43:16-21

Thus says the Lord,
   who makes a way in the sea,
   a path in the mighty waters,
who brings out chariot and horse,
   army and warrior;
they lie down, they cannot rise,
   they are extinguished, quenched like a wick:
Do not remember the former things,
   or consider the things of old.
I am about to do a new thing;
   now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
   and rivers in the desert.
The wild animals will honour me,
   the jackals and the ostriches;
for I give water in the wilderness,
   rivers in the desert,
to give drink to my chosen people,
   the people whom I formed for myself
so that they might declare my praise.

Reflection
God did great things in the past. In the past for the Israelites, in the past for the prophets, in the past for the disciples and in the present for all his people. And for those who believe, God does great things now and into the future.

God does even greater things now in the midst of the wilderness. God makes a way while we are in the wilderness and brings forth blessings of water and rivers that pour his grace and blessing abundantly while God is with us in the wilderness of our life. We drink from the blessings of God who chooses to love us and redeem us even in the midst of our wilderness.

In God's presence throughout the ups and downs of life we sing and declare praise to a loving God.

Prayer
Lord; you come to me in the midst of my human sin and walk with me. You come to me in the filth of life and counsel. You come to me in the pain and illness and soothe. Lord; you come to me in the joy and laughter of good times and party with me. I will continually praise you for your presence in my life... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: