Friday, December 13, 2013

December 13th Reflection - I See! - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 146:5-10
Happy are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
   whose hope is in the Lord their God,
who made heaven and earth,
   the sea, and all that is in them;
who keeps faith for ever;
   who executes justice for the oppressed;
   who gives food to the hungry.

The Lord sets the prisoners free;
   the Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;
   the Lord loves the righteous.
The Lord watches over the strangers;
   he upholds the orphan and the widow,
   but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

The Lord will reign for ever,
   your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the Lord!

Reflection - I See!
O Lord, you are One, you are the Only.
   you come to your people through a chosen nation.
You come as Creator, Redeemer and Spirit.
   you open your Love and salvation to all the people.

As refugees and aliens we walk with You.
   we follow the steps of the Savior.
You have taken the fatherless and loved us as your own,
   you claimed us and call us your children.

Yet, Lord, you have chosen us to do your will,
   to become part of your grand plan and you gift us.
You take us and use us and call us your own,
   hear our song of praise and glory for giving us life.

Praise the Father, the Son and the Spirit!
   Sing glory and honor and praise to the One.
You rescued and used the forgotten and sinful.
   You gave us undeserved eternal life!

Prayer
Lord, I thought that I was lost. I wasn't among the Chosen Nation, I was an orphan, a sinner and condemned. But you have come. You came to give new life to the lost. You came to reside in flesh and blood as my Savior. You come each day with your teaching and message of hope and salvation. You come in Spirit and Love to show the way. As I walk this day with you, lead me, guide me, show me your way that all my words and actions may please you. Show me how to serve the orphan, the widow, the poor, the sick, the lost and the forgotten. Grant me the actions and the words that point to you... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: