Friday, December 18, 2009

December 18th - Reflection

Reading
Hebrews 10:32-39 (NRSV)
Confidence that rewards
But recall those earlier days when, after you had been enlightened, you endured a hard struggle with sufferings, sometimes being publicly exposed to abuse and persecution, and sometimes being partners with those so treated. For you had compassion for those who were in prison, and you cheerfully accepted the plundering of your possessions, knowing that you yourselves possessed something better and more lasting. Do not, therefore, abandon that confidence of yours; it brings a great reward. For you need endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
For yet "in a very little while,
the one who is coming will come and will not delay;
but my righteous one will live by faith.
My soul takes no pleasure in anyone who shrinks back."
But we are not among those who shrink back and so are lost, but among those who have faith and so are saved.

Reflection
Hang in there! Hard times, hard situations, help build perseverance. There is hope for One who is coming. One coming to set all things right. Keep the faith and encourage one another to "Hang in there!" Listen to each other and share life stories. Share the presence of God as life unfolds. Stop and be silent and see Jesus' presence.

Sometimes I get in a hurry. I start to listen only to myself. Sometimes I need to STOP! Really stop and just shut up! Stop thinking and letting my mind run and listen. Stop and use all of my senses. Stop for 5 minutes at least! Stop! For Jesus is coming. Jesus has come. Jesus is here. STOP!

Jesus' compassion and love overflows and fills life. Fills life to overflowing. Fills like an overflowing stream in the mountains that spills on and on. Over the rocks and down into the depths of the valley bringing everlasting life. Stop and feel His love and compassion and permit it to overflow into my place in the stream and those rock that surround me.

Prayer
Lord, I take this time now to STOP......in Your presence......fill me to overflowing......STOP ---Amen

No comments: