Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 23rd - Reflection

Reading
Micah 4:6-8 (NRSV)
Dominion shall return to Zion
In that day, says the Lord,
I will assemble the lame
and gather those who have been driven away,
and those whom I have afflicted.
The lame I will make the remnant,
and those who were cast off, a strong nation;
and the Lord will reign over them in Mount Zion
now and forevermore.

And you, O tower of the flock,
hill of daughter Zion,
to you it shall come,
the former dominion shall come,
the sovereignty of daughter Jerusalem.

Reflection
Assemble the lame...Assemble the outcast...Assemble the poor...Assemble the hungry...

God will come to those in need. God calls out to those left behind in society and shows His love to them. God comes down into the midst of these people to save. God comes into the hearts of people to save.

Jesus come to each one of us. Comes to me a sinner and saint. Comes to me when I deserve it the least. God is closer than you think. Turn and see your Savior. Turn and praise His name. Jesus is here in your world this day. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, You come into the midst of my messy world and walk me through. Teach me the love You give to me that I may give it away to those You place before me this day. Give it away...to all, ---Amen

No comments: