Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28th - Reflection


Psalm 55:16-23 (NRSV)
Cast your burden on God

But I call upon God,
and the Lord will save me.
Evening and morning and at noon
I utter my complaint and moan,
and he will hear my voice.
He will redeem me unharmed
from the battle that I wage,
for many are arrayed against me.
God, who is enthroned from of old,
Selah
will hear, and will humble them -
because they do not change,
and do not fear God.

My companion laid hands on a friend
and violated a covenant with me
with speech smoother than butter,
but with a heart set on war;
with words that were softer than oil,
but in fact were drawn swords.

Cast your burden on the Lord,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit
the righteous to be moved.

But you, O God, will cast them down
into the lowest pit;
the bloodthirsty and treacherous
shall not live out half their days.
But I will trust in you.

Reflection
Tell your troubles, your fears, your ills, and your needs to God. I'm sure God already knows what all of these are, but I'm also sure God wants to hear the words come from you. God wants children to come forward. God wants to talk to us. God wants to lead and guide us through the tough times. God wants to tell us that God is present with us. God is closer than you think. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I come to you all the time with troubles, fears, ills and needs. Hear my prayer. Hear my prayer for myself but more importantly for those who know you and for those who don't know you as of yet. Protect your children in their needs and support them in the battle. For you always bring joy in the morning. And in this joy we gladly serve and praise you and serve and love those you give to us day after day. --- Amen

No comments: