Saturday, July 03, 2010

July 3rd - Reflection


Thomas, Apostle
John 14:1-7 (NRSV)

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him

Reflections
These are those comforting words that are so good to read. Even in the midst of the battle, or perhaps towards the end of a long hard struggle. Or when you realize the struggle with this life is almost over. These are those comforting words from Jesus that give hope, bring joy, and increase faith.

Here we see a loving Savior, who has been through it all and is willing to bring us to him and show us the way. That way of truth and life that comes only with and through Jesus.  Jesus leads us home to the Father for rest.  How can we know the way? Look to Jesus and he will show you. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I cherish each moment with you, in the battle, in the pain, in the struggle, in the victory and in the rest. I look to you, today...tomorrow...and forever. --- Amen

No comments: