Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29th - Reflection


Matthew 12:46-50 (NRSV)
Jesus' true family
While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers were standing outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, "Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you." But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" And pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Reflection
We have a relationship to Jesus that counts. We are related in the spiritual realm as well as the physical realm. Born of flesh and of God we come into relationship with Jesus as disciples who seek to learn our calling and use the gifts God has given us. We follow Jesus, our Savior and God to learn the will of the Father. True family. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Jesus, teach me my call, teach me your will, show me the way... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: