Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 111 (NRSV)
The beginning of wisdom
Praise the Lord!
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart,
in the company of the upright, in the congregation.
Great are the works of the Lord,
studied by all who delight in them.
Full of honor and majesty is his work,
and his righteousness endures forever.
He has gained renown by his wonderful deeds;
the Lord is gracious and merciful.
He provides food for those who fear him;
he is ever mindful of his covenant.
He has shown his people the power of his works,
in giving them the heritage of the nations.
The works of his hands are faithful and just;
all his precepts are trustworthy.
They are established forever and ever,
to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness.
He sent redemption to his people;
he has commanded his covenant forever.
Holy and awesome is his name.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all those who practice it have a good understanding.
His praise endures forever.


Reflection
How do you see God? Each morning don't we wish to see God that day? We want to meet up and be with God someway or somehow.

God comes to us through grace. God comes through Jesus and gives us life from death. We see God when we recognize an act of grace anywhere and anytime.

God comes to us in the Law. In the Word we see God. The Word becomes flesh and dwells with us. We read and reflect on the Word and see how God comes to us. The Word speaks to us and is easily applied to our everyday lives. Once again we see God.

As we see God what is our response? Most of the time, for me, it's an "Oh WOW!" moment. I didn't realize God was that close to me! And then when I realize how close God is, I want to know what he wants from me. I'm excited to respond out of the love I saw coming from God to me to respond with love for God. I gladly take out the trash or do any of the chores God chooses to give to me. God is my awesome Daddy who can do it all! I love my Daddy and think he is the best of all. So I praise God and live in such joy and happiness and knowledge that I am protected and loved.

How to you see God?

Prayer
Lord, you make my life. You come to me each day and knock at that door and invite Billy out to play. I love you God! May I love all those you give to me this day with such enthusiasm... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: