Friday, January 06, 2012

January 6th - Reflection


1 Timothy 4:11-16 (NRSV)
Gift of prophecy with laying on of hands
These are the things you must insist on and teach. Let no one despise your youth, but set the believers an example in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. Until I arrive, give attention to the public reading of scripture, to exhorting, to teaching. Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you through prophecy with the laying on of hands by the council of elders. Put these things into practice, devote yourself to them, so that all may see your progress. Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; continue in these things, for in doing this you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Reflection
You have to grow up! You have to tell another person what you have seen and heard. You can't just keep it all a secret. Pay close attention to what the Word tells you. Put that Word into action. When you stumble and fall into sin, get up, repent and grow up.

Prayer
Lord, keep me focused on you. Don't let me slide into judgment of other's actions. Don't let me slide into some self-serving service that appears good to other's but not to you. Don't let me curl inward upon myself. Let my life open up to you and your will and your way. Let me open up to action to those you give to me today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: