Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Isaiah 43:8-13 (NRSV)
God is our savior
Bring forth the people who are blind, yet have eyes,
who are deaf, yet have ears!
Let all the nations gather together,
and let the peoples assemble.
Who among them declared this,
and foretold to us the former things?
Let them bring their witnesses to justify them,
and let them hear and say, "It is true."

You are my witnesses, says the Lord,
and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor shall there be any after me.
I, I am the Lord,
and besides me there is no savior.
I declared and saved and proclaimed,
when there was no strange god among you;
and you are my witnesses, says the Lord.
I am God, and also henceforth I am He;
there is no one who can deliver from my hand;
I work and who can hinder it?

Reflection
Sometimes, wonderfully, we become exhibits for God. Exhibits in the way that we are saved by God. People look at us and our actions. But then I think of how I sin. I think of the times of my failures and don't want to be on display. But we are still exhibits. We still are witnesses to God's saving acts.

In this way, we're good exhibits. God saved the sinful and imperfect, the weak and needy. Kind of like Paul, I feel like I'm the biggest one. But that's the point. God comes to save any and all of us. God comes and calls, gathers and enlightens the sinful to make the Church. Only God could deliver us and do such an amazing thing. We all have a chance. You can witness to God's saving grace, look within and around and be amazed at all God has done. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, even though my body and mind are failing, even though I sin, you still call me and use me. Use me this day to love those you have given to me that your Light may shine through and speak to them of how wonderful and valuable they are in your and my eyes. --- Amen

No comments: