Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21st Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 4 (NRSV)
God does wonders for the faithful 

Answer me when I call, O God of my right!
You gave me room when I was in distress.
Be gracious to me, and hear my prayer.

How long, you people, shall my honor suffer shame?

How long will you love vain words, and seek after lies?
Selah
But know that the Lord has set apart the faithful for himself;
the Lord hears when I call to him.

When you are disturbed, do not sin;
ponder it on your beds, and be silent.
Selah
Offer right sacrifices,
and put your trust in the Lord.

There are many who say, "O that we might see some good!
Let the light of your face shine on us, O Lord!"
You have put gladness in my heart
more than when their grain and wine abound.

I will both lie down and sleep in peace;
for you alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety.
Reflection
David prays to God in this evening prayer. A review of the day, taking to God those things of the day that have disturbed him. God is there for us through the day. God greets us in the morning and sustains us at noon. God stays with us in the evening and we can return to God at bedtime and tell God about our day. This is the graceful life we live with God day to day. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, as I greet this day and walk through it, I can rest assured that you will always be there with me. As I pause to look, you are there. As I pause to listen you speak. As I pause to speak you listen. Thank you Lord, for being close... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: