Saturday, April 07, 2012

April 7th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Holy Saturday
Psalm 31:1-4, 15-16 (NRSV)
Take me out of the net 

In you, O Lord, I seek refuge;
do not let me ever be put to shame;
in your righteousness deliver me.
Incline your ear to me;
rescue me speedily.
Be a rock of refuge for me,
a strong fortress to save me.

You are indeed my rock and my fortress;
for your name's sake lead me and guide me,
take me out of the net that is hidden for me,
for you are my refuge. ...

My times are in your hand;
deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors.
Let your face shine upon your servant;
save me in your steadfast love.
Reflection
There is confidence in the words here. God is our Rock and refuge. God is our guard at the gates of a strong fortress. We are trapped in sin and death and the wiles of evil. Trapped in a net. 

Yet again as we celebrate the day we look to another who appears to be trapped in death, yet we are soon to see, he lives! He lives to free us from the net of our sinful selfishness and to lead and guide us into a new life. God will deliver us and lead us. Of this we can have confidence.

In this confidence we plead for God's favor and joy and approval. And we wait...
Let your face shine upon your servant and save us in your steadfast love. 

Prayer
Jesus, we wait this day. In the early hours of the morning to the late hours of the evening we wait. We wait as you live. Live in us this day to guide us and lead us in your steadfast love, that we love other's as you have loved all. --- Amen

No comments: