Tuesday, October 02, 2012

October 2nd Reflection by Bill Lynch




Psalm 8

O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the          heavens.
Out of the mouths of babes and infants you have founded a bulwark because of your foes, to silence the enemy and the avenger.
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have established;
what are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them?
Yet you have made them a little lower than God, and crowned them with glory and honor.
You have given them dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under their feet,
all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field,
the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas.
O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Psalm by Bill Lynch


Lord, you are the great I AM, the One and Only!
God, you created myself and those around me.
You, created the universe and all that exists.
You are more than what I can see but also all I can't see or perceive.
I see in the eyes of a baby the life you have given.
I ponder in the eyes of one near death the greatness of your glory.
As I meditate on sky, earth and sea, I'm amazed at the endless life displayed.
Then as I sense the presence of the heavenly chorus, I stop in wonder.
Why dear Lord, do you care and love me?
Why do you show all mankind your grace?
Lord, you are the great I AM, the One and Only!

Prayer
Lord, as I stop to consider all the love you have given through Jesus; I'm astounded and humbled that you would consider me. But you did! I give thanks for all you have done. I rejoice to work with you in your kingdom to do your will in your way... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: