Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 15
O Lord, who may abide in your tent? Who may dwell on your holy hill?
Those who walk blamelessly, and do what is right, and speak the truth from their heart;
who do not slander with their tongue, and do no evil to their friends, nor take up a reproach against their neighbors;
in whose eyes the wicked are despised, but who honor those who fear the Lord; who stand by their oath even to their hurt;
who do not lend money at interest, and do not take a bribe against the innocent.

Those who do these things shall never be moved.

Reflection
Wow! I don't nearly measure up to this psalm. For me this psalm displays how I want to live. This psalm shows the characteristics that I strive for.

I strive to be with God at all times.
I strive to be pleasing in God's presence.
I want to be truthful and blameless.
I want my speech to be honorable and concise.
Never taking advantage of family or friends.
I want to love my neighbors as creations of God.
I strive to be generous.
I strive to love God with my life.
...

But in all of these...

I know that I need a Savior.
I know my Savior is Jesus.
I know that Jesus fulfills me.
I know that God takes me and makes me new.
I know that God works on me and shapes me.
I know that I can't be all I strive to be.
I know that God makes me what he strives for me to be.
I know that God accepts me, flaws and all.
I know that God forgives me.
I know that God saves me.
I know that God loves me.

Prayer
Lord, make me what pleases you... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: