Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14th Reflection - God's Will - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 40:1-11
To the leader. Of David. A Psalm.
I waited patiently for the Lord;
   he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the desolate pit,
   out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
   making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
   a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
   and put their trust in the Lord.

Happy are those who make
   the Lord their trust,
who do not turn to the proud,
   to those who go astray after false gods.
You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
   your wondrous deeds and your thoughts towards us;
   none can compare with you.
Were I to proclaim and tell of them,
   they would be more than can be counted.

Sacrifice and offering you do not desire,
   but you have given me an open ear.
Burnt-offering and sin-offering
   you have not required.
Then I said, ‘Here I am;
   in the scroll of the book it is written of me.
I delight to do your will, O my God;
   your law is within my heart.’

I have told the glad news of deliverance
   in the great congregation;
see, I have not restrained my lips,
   as you know, O Lord.
I have not hidden your saving help within my heart,
   I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation;
I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness
   from the great congregation.

Do not, O Lord, withhold
   your mercy from me;
let your steadfast love and your faithfulness
   keep me safe for ever.

Reflection - God's Will
I wait upon you O Lord, I wait.
   I wait with no expectations for I am empty.
Hear my prayer O Lord and draw your gaze my way.
   I sing my song of praise to you and you alone.

A song of trust and love through faith.
   I draw all strength from you alone.
Your deeds are wonderful and powerful and mighty.
   Your mercies are great and have blessed my life.

Accept my offering I pray dear Lord.
   Not an offering of things or animals or riches.
Accept the offering of myself, my will, my way.
   Take my spirit and make it yours.

Deliverance comes in you and you alone.
   Your salvation is not a secret to be hidden.
You grace, I proclaim with all my spirit.
   For all joy is in you my God, my Maker, my Savior!

Prayer
Lord, you do hear... you do listen... you do respond! Thanks! As I speak, I pause to listen. I listen carefully and patiently for your Word, your will and your way. Lead me and teach me the way you desire. Take me beyond my human greed and wants to your divine love that I may live to your glory. Take my life and mold me and shape me into what you would have me be and have me do... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: