Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 28th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 15
A Psalm of David.
O Lord, who may abide in your tent?
   Who may dwell on your holy hill?

Those who walk blamelessly, and do what is right,
   and speak the truth from their heart;
who do not slander with their tongue,
   and do no evil to their friends,
   nor take up a reproach against their neighbours;
in whose eyes the wicked are despised,
   but who honour those who fear the Lord;
who stand by their oath even to their hurt;
who do not lend money at interest,
   and do not take a bribe against the innocent.

Those who do these things shall never be moved.

Reflection
Lord, I follow in your way with all my life.
   I seek to do your will.
I work to be the one that pleases you.
   I long to meet you face to face.
All that I may dwell in your presence daily.

I set my heart on your Truth.
   I deal with my neighbor in honesty.
I explain the actions of other's in kind ways.
   Yet, never take advantage of another.

Yes, there are two roads in life to trod.
   Sometimes I fail to follow the road of truth.
I need your direction and forgiveness when I stray.
   For I must respect and fear you Lord.

When I sin, I take the consequences.
   For to you I run in my despair.
I fall at your feet and repent and change.
   As I hear gracious words of forgiveness.

In all your blessings I give thanks.
   For you grant more than I deserve.
You are Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
   Truth and Savior and Deliverer.

Prayer
Lord, I seek to honor you and bring glory to your name. Forgive me when I fall short. Forgive me when I display sin for all to see. Forgive me when my actions embarrass you. Lead me and teach me all along the way you travel, that I may act and do what pleases you. For you alone are my Truth, my Savior, my God... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: