Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18th Reflection - Sing! - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
   let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
   let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
For the Lord is a great God,
   and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth;
   the heights of the mountains are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
   and the dry land, which his hands have formed.

O come, let us worship and bow down,
   let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
For he is our God,
   and we are the people of his pasture,
   and the sheep of his hand.

O that today you would listen to his voice!
   Do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah,
   as on the day at Massah in the wilderness,
when your ancestors tested me,
   and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work.
For forty years I loathed that generation
   and said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
   and they do not regard my ways.’
Therefore in my anger I swore,
   ‘They shall not enter my rest.’

Reflection - Sing!
God, you are powerful, mighty and wonderful in all ways.
   See the heavens and the seas and the powers that move within,
You have created all that is seen and unseen.
   You rule all things with a Word that comes forth from eternity.
Yes, God, you are the King, the Ruler, the Almighty Powerful.
   I witness only the smallest fraction of your power in my life.

Yet, God, you come to such people as myself.
   You come in flesh and spirit to save me from sin and death.
I fall before you in praise and adoration of your detail to loving even me.
   For before your feet, I bow to worship at the foot of the cross.
Your Son, has come to redeem me from sin, darkness and death.
   And your glory shines so brightly from my smallness to your infinite love.

I call out to hear your voice and listen to your will and your way.
   I seek to be obedient to the call you shout out to me each day.
For you lead me through the wilderness of life and draw me near the waters.
   And in the waters you pour out your Spirit and Word and Promise.
I could never forget your reach deep within my soul.
   And I praise your name now and forevermore.

Sing to the Lord! I leave you with a song of praise to God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMcsS2nOII

Prayer
Lord, you are my King. Yes, you are the One and only God. God of heaven, earth and all time and space. You are God! To you all glory and honor and power belong. Permit me to hear your voice and understand your Word that I may act out the love your have shown to me and to all people... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: