Thursday, March 06, 2014

March 6th Reflection - Forgive Me - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 32
Of David. A Maskil.

Happy are those whose transgression is forgiven,
   whose sin is covered.
Happy are those to whom the Lord imputes no iniquity,
   and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

While I kept silence, my body wasted away
   through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;
   my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.
          Selah 

Then I acknowledged my sin to you,
   and I did not hide my iniquity;
I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the Lord’,
   and you forgave the guilt of my sin.
          Selah

Therefore let all who are faithful
   offer prayer to you;
at a time of distress, the rush of mighty waters
   shall not reach them.
You are a hiding-place for me;
   you preserve me from trouble;
   you surround me with glad cries of deliverance.
          Selah 

I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go;
   I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
Do not be like a horse or a mule, without understanding,
   whose temper must be curbed with bit and bridle,
   else it will not stay near you.

Many are the torments of the wicked,
   but steadfast love surrounds those who trust in the Lord.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, O righteous,
   and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.

Reflective Psalm
I knew my sin O Lord.
   I knew that I couldn't hide.
I tried to sleep it off and ignore my sin.
   But nothing could make it leave my mind.

For, I had sinned against another child.
   I had sinned against you dear Lord.
I had sinned against so many other loved ones,
   my sin had spread like a disease.

I must run to you and confess my sin.
   I must go to the ones I hurt and speak boldly.
I must fall on my knees at the base of the cross.
   I must tell and confess my sin and seek forgiveness.

And you picked me up and brought me through,
   I still felt that awful consequence of my sin.
You opened my eyes to the hurt I had caused.
   Yet you gave me escape and love and grace.

You taught me a new way to live and love.
   You displayed your wisdom in my sight.
Your love gave me strength to carry on.
   Your discipline gave my life new meaning.

Your eye was upon my every move.
   At my slightest misstep you were there to correct.
When my heart became stubborn,
   you graciously softened my will.

I found that sin brings punishment and mercy.
   For I have been punished for what I have done.
Yet in my confession I sought forgiveness,
   and your mercy and love were greatly shown.

Let all who sin turn to you O Lord.
   Let all confess and seek forgiveness.
For it is right to be said that your are gracious.
   Gracious and slow to anger yet abounding with steadfast love.

Praise to you dear Father and God.
   Glory to you my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Honor to your teaching my Holy Spirit.
    Thanks be to the powerful God of love.

Here is a song that reflects our need to confess and seek forgiveness from God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nsahyXC0oA#aid=P9r8U9D0ggg

Prayer
Lord, when I stumble and fall to the temptation of sin... hear my plea... hear my confession... return me to your favor as I seek your forgiving graces... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: