Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 116:1-4, 12-19
I love the Lord, because he has heard
   my voice and my supplications.
Because he inclined his ear to me,
   therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
The snares of death encompassed me;
   the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;
   I suffered distress and anguish.
Then I called on the name of the Lord:
   ‘O Lord, I pray, save my life!’

What shall I return to the Lord
   for all his bounty to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation
   and call on the name of the Lord,
I will pay my vows to the Lord
   in the presence of all his people.
Precious in the sight of the Lord
   is the death of his faithful ones.
O Lord, I am your servant;
   I am your servant, the child of your serving-maid.
   You have loosed my bonds.
I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice
   and call on the name of the Lord.
I will pay my vows to the Lord
   in the presence of all his people,
in the courts of the house of the Lord,
   in your midst, O Jerusalem.

Praise the Lord!

Reflection
You heard my cry O Lord!
   You responded to my repentant plea!
I didn't expect this to happen,
   but you came to me to save me.

Forgive my sin and my selfish ways.
   You make your presence known,
And I hear you call my name.
   Breathe the Holy Spirit into my heart.

For you overcame death and arose.
   You called me your brother.
You gave me peace and understanding.
   By your command I go to tell of your salvation.

I lift up the cup in celebration for what you have done.
   I rejoice in the meal with your brothers and sisters.
For you are our only hope and our source of all joy.
   You are our God!

Praise to you our Father, Son and Spirit!
   Honor and glory and power are yours.
All life comes from you and to you.
   As we live the love you freely gave.

Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJtwmLNxiT0


Prayer
Lord, with joy and thanksgiving we recall all that you have done. Your actions of love and salvation bring life from death. As we inhale the breath of your Spirit, may we go and serve you in your will and your way in the places and times in which you place us... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: