Tuesday, April 08, 2014

April 8th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 31:9-16
Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress;
   my eye wastes away from grief,
   my soul and body also.
For my life is spent with sorrow,
   and my years with sighing;
my strength fails because of my misery,
   and my bones waste away.

I am the scorn of all my adversaries,
   a horror to my neighbours,
an object of dread to my acquaintances;
   those who see me in the street flee from me.
I have passed out of mind like one who is dead;
   I have become like a broken vessel.
For I hear the whispering of many—
   terror all around!—
as they scheme together against me,
   as they plot to take my life.

But I trust in you, O Lord;
   I say, ‘You are my God.’
My times are in your hand;
   deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors.
Let your face shine upon your servant;
   save me in your steadfast love.

Reflective Psalm
Jesus, my Lord, my Savior, I see you on that cross.
   You hang in pain and suffering.
All but a few of your disciples have run away in fear.
   Forgive us for our selfishness.

For it is in you alone that we live.
   In your suffering and dying we live.
You endure misery and sorrow not for you...
   but for those you love.

Yes, Jesus, you have given all.
   You are raised on this cross,
And you give your life for all the world.
   You pour out all the love of God in this moment.

Turn our faces towards this cross.
   Raise our heads to see the cost.
Open our eyes to see our sin hang upon that tree.
   Move our spirits to understand this act of love.

For you alone are our Savior, our God, our Teacher.
   Deliver us from evil dear Jesus our King.
Renew us in the face of this gracious act of love.
   Our Savior, my God, our only One.

Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkkGza6qk8I

BEHOLD THE WOUNDS IN JESUS' HANDS

Behold the wounds in Jesus' hands,
The marks upon His side,
Then ponder who He meant to save
When on the cross He died.

We cannot see the love of God
Which saves us from the fall,
Yet know that Christ from wood and nails
Built mansions for us all.

Behold the outstretched hands of Christ,
Our God, who came to save,
Whose love and grace redeems our souls
And lifts us from the grave.

Though bruised and battered as we stray
His guiding hand caress
He washes and anoints with oil
Then in His arms we rest.

Behold the wounds in Jesus' hands,
Look to your Lord and live.
He yearns to bless you with His love
And all your sins forgive.

Oh, empty is the heart of man
When it is filled with sin.
Come open wide your broken heart
And let your Savior in!

Behold His wounded hands and feet!
Come touch and see and feel
The wounds and marks that you may know
His love for you is real.

Then as you fall to worship Him
And wash His feet in tears,
Your Savior takes you in his arms
And quiets all your fears.

You Savior takes you in his arms

And quiets all your fears.

Prayer
Father in heaven, look upon us and guide us as disciples of Jesus. Fill our hearts with the Holy Spirit. Move our feet, our hands, our minds and spirits to love you and one another with such deep love. May we see our sin upon that cross that we may obtain a glimpse of what you have done for ourselves and all of the world. For into your hands, dear Father, we give our bodies and our spirits in trust and love... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: