Thursday, June 03, 2010

June 3rd - Reflection




Acts 22:6-21 (NRSV)
Paul, the persecutor, is healed

"While I was on my way and approaching Damascus, about noon a great light from heaven suddenly shone about me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?' I answered, 'Who are you, Lord?' Then he said to me, 'I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you are persecuting.' Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me. I asked, 'What am I to do, Lord?' The Lord said to me, 'Get up and go to Damascus; there you will be told everything that has been assigned to you to do.' Since I could not see because of the brightness of that light, those who were with me took my hand and led me to Damascus.

"A certain Ananias, who was a devout man according to the law and well spoken of by all the Jews living there, came to me; and standing beside me, he said, 'Brother Saul, regain your sight!' In that very hour I regained my sight and saw him. Then he said, 'The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will, to see the Righteous One and to hear his own voice; for you will be his witness to all the world of what you have seen and heard. And now why do you delay? Get up, be baptized, and have your sins washed away, calling on his name.'

"After I had returned to Jerusalem and while I was praying in the temple, I fell into a trance and saw Jesus saying to me, 'Hurry and get out of Jerusalem quickly, because they will not accept your testimony about me.' And I said, 'Lord, they themselves know that in every synagogue I imprisoned and beat those who believed in you. And while the blood of your witness Stephen was shed, I myself was standing by, approving and keeping the coats of those who killed him.' Then he said to me, 'Go, for I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Reflection

Regain your sight and go! It's time to put those sinful ways behind and be blinded by that graceful bright light of Jesus. Blinded and then healed. Blinded by grace and sight regained. Then hurry and go.


God has called each one of us and set a plan in place for each of us. Being called and gifted we are commanded to go! Get up and hurry and go. There is a world out there that needs to hear of how God has entered your life and given you a new vision and a new sight. Not the old sight of selfish greed and selfish ambition, but a new sight of love for neighbor and love for God. Regain your sight and go!


Prayer

Lord, knock me off my feet and blind me with your light that I may regain my sight and see only your will and your way, now and forever. --- Amen

No comments: