Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 24th - Reflection


Philippians 2:19-24 (NRSV)
Timothy's worth
I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I may be cheered by news of you. I have no one like him who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare. All of them are seeking their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But Timothy's worth you know, how like a son with a father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. I hope therefore to send him as soon as I see how things go with me; and I trust in the Lord that I will also come soon.

Reflection
Putting Christ first in your life is so important. And when Christ is first, your neighbor's welfare isn't far behind. Once you see and come to know the love of Christ, you become anxious for the Holy Spirit to fill your life with that same love and purpose to love other's like Christ has loved you.

It seems to be that you need to realize your own brokenness to begin to know just the tip of the depth of love God has for you in and through Jesus. Seeking your own interests looks like a petty, silly venture into your own ego at this time. Once you see the love of Jesus, your ego takes a back seat, and your neighbor, your friend, and even your enemy move forward and your love and prayers go out to them in earnest.

What a blessing to my life have been those "Timothys" that have been sent to me. Look for the "Timothys" in your life and give thanks to them and God for their presence. Likewise, open up your heart to be a "Timothy" to those God places in your life daily. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I give you thanks for those people you have put themselves aside to bring blessing, teach, preach, pray and serve in my need. Teach me your gracious love that I may do likewise to those you present to me this day. --- Amen

No comments: