Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 26th - Reflection


Psalm 131 (NRSV)
A child upon its mother's breast
O Lord, my heart is not lifted up,
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.
But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.

O Israel, hope in the Lord
from this time on and forevermore.

Reflection
Sin humiliates us and forgiveness humbles us. As we see the impact of our sin and as we smell the stench of our sin; God's forgiveness takes on such wide and deep meaning when we humbly repent. It's a love that goes deep. Deep into the spirit. It's a love that brings everlasting love from the sinner. Our hope is in God now and forever. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, as I sit in silence and reflect on your love, I realize that all my hope is in you. And for this, I give eternal thanks. You are God! --- Amen

No comments: