Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 16th - Reflection


Isaiah 43:8-13 (NRSV)
Let all the nations gather
Bring forth the people who are blind, yet have eyes,
who are deaf, yet have ears!
Let all the nations gather together,
and let the peoples assemble.
Who among them declared this,
and foretold to us the former things?
Let them bring their witnesses to justify them,
and let them hear and say, "It is true."
You are my witnesses, says the Lord,
and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor shall there be any after me.
I, I am the Lord,
and besides me there is no savior.
I declared and saved and proclaimed,
when there was no strange god among you;
and you are my witnesses, says the Lord.
I am God, and also henceforth I am He;
there is no one who can deliver from my hand;
I work and who can hinder it?
Reflection
No one has shown a god that has been with his people. Not a god far away in the sky, or a sun, or rain, or clouds, but a God that is with his people.

God was with his chosen people all throughout history. God is involved with the lives of his people and present with them. God even became flesh to show himself to us in a way we can understand through Jesus. God gave his Son Jesus' life for our sin after we had fallen.

We are all witnesses to the God of our salvation. We know how God is with us. So why don't we proclaim his presence to all the world? Why don't we tell all of what God has done? We are God's witnesses. God has been and will always be with his people. It's time we proclaim God in our lives and all his wondrous deeds.

Reflection
Day after day you come to me and walk with me. You are present through the bad and with me in the good. You are my blessing. You are my honor. You are my glory. I am your witness of your love to all you give to me today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: