Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 27th - Reflection


Psalm 26:1-8 (NRSV)
Your love is before my eyes
Vindicate me, O Lord,
for I have walked in my integrity,
and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
Prove me, O Lord, and try me;
test my heart and mind.
For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in faithfulness to you.

I do not sit with the worthless,
nor do I consort with hypocrites;
I hate the company of evildoers,
and will not sit with the wicked.

I wash my hands in innocence,
and go around your altar, O Lord,
singing aloud a song of thanksgiving,
and telling all your wondrous deeds.

O Lord, I love the house in which you dwell,
and the place where your glory abides.

Reflection
We each have a decision to make. God has made the case. Created the world. Blessed us with daily bread. Sent Jesus to die for our sin to renew us and all creation. Blessed us with the gifts of the Holy Spirit leading and guiding us along our way in life towards perfect union with the Trinity.

You are free to accept God's grace and walk with God, or turn and walk another way. You are free to join the company of evildoers and sit with the wicked. Or follow God.

God has placed steadfast love before your eyes. Now the decision is yours.

Following does not mean you will never suffer, or have to walk and sit in the midst of the wicked. Following does not promise any of this. But believing brings a trust, a hope, and a faith that, in the end is salvation and love everlasting. Myself...I choose to follow God. God help me along the way.

Prayer
Lord, I see the life of Jesus and know that following you will not be easy. But through what Jesus has shown in his life, ministry, teachings, compassion, healing, love, suffering, death and resurrection; I choose to be your disciple. Teach me and help me learn your will all along that way that I may live a life pleasing and honorable to you... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: