Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 17th - Reflection


Psalm 145:1-8 (NRSV)
God is slow to anger

I will extol you, my God and King,
and bless your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless you,
and praise your name forever and ever.
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
his greatness is unsearchable.
One generation shall laud your works to another,
and shall declare your mighty acts.
On the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
The might of your awesome deeds shall be proclaimed,
and I will declare your greatness.
They shall celebrate the fame of your abundant goodness,
and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.

The Lord is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

Reflection
Just can't help myself! I can't help it that I proclaim God's wondrous deeds from one generation to another. Just look around. Look up at the stars and try to imagine the maker. Look through a microscope and see life at a level that the normal eye can't even grasp. Look around at the variety of life. Now, I don't care what you say, someone loves life and gave it to us. I just can't help myself!

Then read the Bible. Go to church and learn abour a sacrament or two. Look and see the Spirit of God active in the lives of those who love and are compassionate. See God's Spirit moving across and through the waters, in the bread and wine. Grasp for the meaning of the crucifixion and resurrection. And what about the Holy Spirit. Read through the story of the Old Testament and the temple, all the offerings, the rescue and salvation. See Jesus, birth and life ministry. And get just a little bit of the whole sin and salvation sacrifice of God sending Jesus in our stead on that cross.

Just can't help myself! I can't help it that I proclaim God's wondrous deeds from one generation to another. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
God, you are simply amazing... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: