Friday, June 01, 2012

June 1st Reflection by Bill Lynch


I was old at the time. Disease and age was taking it's toll on my body. It was hard to get up in the morning. Even to move took effort. All things were just more difficult and pain had become my constant companion. I knew for sure what it was like to be alive and at times I didn't care for it. That was all about flesh though.

There was something else going on though. It was almost like the opposite of what I felt in body. There was this growth in mind and spirit. From somewhere deep within I was discovering a new beginning and a new growth. It started small and continued to grow. I felt like a new plant just poking it's head through the soil. It felt as if I was just beginning to discover the sun and it's warmth. I now could hear the birds and the sounds all around and they were no longer muffled by the dirt above.

That's what it was like... as my body decayed... my spirit grew. All through the gracious love of the Savior and my God who chose to love and care for me.

Prayer
Lord, give me new growth in spirit for you as I live my life in the flesh this day. --- Amen

No comments: