Friday, June 08, 2012

June 8th Reflection by Bill Lynch



The Rope

I don't have any idea what got into me that night. I was strong as ever. A man from heaven came down to this earth and wrapped me tightly around another man that fell from heaven. Now this man that fell had always been able to tear me apart into pieces when earthly men attempted to bind him. But this time was different. This man from heaven supplied to me the awesome strength to hold tight.

The man from heaven seemed to come to this earth for this very reason. To bind the one who fell and to give the earthly, a freedom they could never accomplish on their own. This man, this Savior, this God, from heaven gave me the strength to carry on.

There were times that I broke after this man from heaven, this Savior, this God, had left. But I always knew that I could turn to my Savior and depend on his power and strength to overcome. This Savior, this God, this man from heaven, gave me joy, hope and everlasting life.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, you came to this world and bound evil, death and the devil. I give you thanks that you have saved all those you believe and have faith in you. Lead us this day in your will and your way that each one of us may be pleasing to you... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: