Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 17th Reflection - Help - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 121
Assurance of God’s Protection
A Song of Ascents.

I lift up my eyes to the hills—
   from where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
   who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
   he who keeps you will not slumber.
He who keeps Israel
   will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
   the Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
   nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
   he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
   your going out and your coming in
   from this time on and for evermore.

Reflection
As I walk through life, I look to you Lord.
I look up to your holy place.
I see you from the foot of the cross.
You are Salvation.

Lord, you created all that exists.
The moon, the sun and the stars are yours.
My life is in your hands.
You are Creator.

From the mountain to the valley, I see your work.
I see you in the heart of creation.
I hear your voice all around.
You are Spirit.

You are present with your people.
Through history you lead and guide.
Your people tell of your glory.
You are Shepherd.

You preserve your people through all time.
You come to all your people.
You come to each one in love.
You are Love.

You are the One God of all place and time.
You alone keep all that is yours.
For all time you will be praised.
You are Ruler.

Prayer
Lord, you have kept your people throughout all time. Walk with me this day that I may live in your will and your way. Walk with me this day that I may serve you and those you give to me with a heart of love and compassion and forgiveness. Walk with me, dear Lord... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: