Friday, October 18, 2013

October 18th Reflection - Pause - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 119:97–104

Oh, how I love your law!
   It is my meditation all day long.
Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies,
   for it is always with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers,
   for your decrees are my meditation.
I understand more than the aged,
   for I keep your precepts.
I hold back my feet from every evil way,
   in order to keep your word.
I do not turn away from your ordinances,
   for you have taught me.
How sweet are your words to my taste,
   sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through your precepts I get understanding;

   therefore I hate every false way.

Reflection
I love to stay in your Word.
As I ponder the mysteries of your Law.
I see the grace you have granted.
I rejoice in my Savior.

I pause to listen to the Teacher.
I wonder about your Word.
I see Love unfold in front of me.
I have joy in my Redeemer.

I accept the Wisdom of the Spirit.
I study the depth of the Creator.
I taste the salvation of Jesus.
I live in you alone.

Prayer
Lord, you come to me each day and I pause in your presence. I pause to hear your voice. I pause to see your example. I pause to understand your will. I pause and reflect upon your Word. I pause in you and find great joy. I pause in you and find a call. A call to go out in the world in which you give me. A call to go and tell all of the world of your gracious love. I go in joy and hope and confidence. I go in your love. I go to where you direct. I do what you would have me do. Be with me as I pause. Be with me as I go. Be with me... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: