Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 119:1-8
Happy are those whose way is blameless,
   who walk in the law of the Lord.
Happy are those who keep his decrees,
   who seek him with their whole heart,
who also do no wrong,
   but walk in his ways.
You have commanded your precepts
   to be kept diligently.
O that my ways may be steadfast
   in keeping your statutes!
Then I shall not be put to shame,
   having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
I will praise you with an upright heart,
   when I learn your righteous ordinances.
I will observe your statutes;
   do not utterly forsake me.

Reflection
Psalm 119, the longest psalm in the book of Psalms. This psalm is a reflection or meditation on the Law.  Each of the twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet is the first letter of eight verses in each section. There is a repetition of eight synonyms of the will of God--- law, word, testimonies, judgments, precepts, commandments and way. One of these terms is in every verse except 122 in this entire psalm. In these first eight verses the psalmist writes of the good way of the Lord.

Lord, I'm the happiest when I dwell on your Law,
   when I realize the fulfillment of your Law is in Jesus.
In my sin, I come to shame and repent,
   but in Jesus I find no shame or disgrace.
Forgiveness and trust and hope come from you O Lord,
   and you restore me to fullness in our relationship.
O how you long to see that forgiveness bear good fruit,
   and how I long to please you and live in your will and way.
For to you, Lord do I want to be with together,
   to walk with you and learn what you desire.
I seek to be obedient to the way of your guidance,
   and speak and act in ways pleasing to you.
So, day by day I study your Word and listen,
   I look to be with you always.

Here is a song that reflects the emotions I have with God in my life... but I have to admit... I can't help but to think of Si Robertson from Duck Dynasty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTeHnoXFass

Prayer
Lord, lead me and guide me as I follow in your will and your way... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen




No comments: