Tuesday, February 04, 2014

February 4th Reflection - Blessed - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 112:1-9
Praise the Lord!
   Happy are those who fear the Lord,
   who greatly delight in his commandments.
Their descendants will be mighty in the land;
   the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches are in their houses,
   and their righteousness endures for ever.
They rise in the darkness as a light for the upright;
   they are gracious, merciful, and righteous.
It is well with those who deal generously and lend,
   who conduct their affairs with justice.
For the righteous will never be moved;
   they will be remembered for ever.
They are not afraid of evil tidings;
   their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord.
Their hearts are steady, they will not be afraid;
   in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
They have distributed freely, they have given to the poor;
   their righteousness endures for ever;
   their horn is exalted in honour.

Reflection - Blessed
Lord when I look at your ways I stand in awe.
   I see your righteousness and serve and obey.
For your Word is my way and my blessing.
   Your Spirit is my Guide and my life.

You are generous in your blessings O Lord.
   Day by day you come to me and love me.
When I rise up you show your Light.
   And I know comfort, grace and mercy.

When evil approaches you give me character.
   Your strength and perseverance overtake me.
Your character and might bring me through the wilderness.
   And I endure with your everlasting hope.

I live in generosity due to your teaching.
   I respond to your love in new and fruitful ways.
For your gifts are my blessings and my way.
   You are my God and Savior and Lord!

Prayer
Lord, your blessings are rich and overwhelming. As you guide my footsteps in this life, may the fruits you have grown in me come to bless those you give to me, that all may see your grace and your glory and join me, as together we follow and serve you... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: