Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18th Reflection - Singleminded - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 119:33-40
Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes,
   and I will observe it to the end.
Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
   and observe it with my whole heart.
Lead me in the path of your commandments,
   for I delight in it.
Turn my heart to your decrees,
   and not to selfish gain.
Turn my eyes from looking at vanities;
   give me life in your ways.
Confirm to your servant your promise,
   which is for those who fear you.
Turn away the disgrace that I dread,
   for your ordinances are good.
See, I have longed for your precepts;
   in your righteousness give me life.

Reflection - Singleminded
I look to you O Lord, you alone,
   and listen for your Word.
I search for you O Lord, you alone,
   and seek your Guidance.
I stretch out for you O Lord, you alone,
   to touch you and feel your presence.

My mind is focused on you, O Lord,
   for you are my source of life.
My spirit is focused on you, O Lord,
   to give you delight.
My joy is focused on you, O Lord,
   for joy comes in the morning.

O Lord, you alone are the source of all blessing,
   for you gave your life upon a cross.
O Lord, you have saved my from my sin,
   and died and rose again to eternal life.
O Lord, may I always dwell with you,
   in this eternal life serving you alone.

Here is a song that reflects the comfort of learning the ways of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc-h2xG6LI4



Prayer
Lord, I am single-minded about you. My life is all about you. I have put myself behind and focus on you. Lead me, guide me and correct me all along the way... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: