Thursday, September 02, 2010

September 2nd - Reflection


Philippians 2:25-30 (NRSV)
Welcome a faithful servant home

Still, I think it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus - my brother and co-worker and fellow soldier, your messenger and minister to my need; for he has been longing for all of you, and has been distressed because you heard that he was ill. He was indeed so ill that he nearly died. But God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, so that I would not have one sorrow after another. I am the more eager to send him, therefore, in order that you may rejoice at seeing him again, and that I may be less anxious. Welcome him then in the Lord with all joy, and honor such people, because he came close to death for the work of Christ, risking his life to make up for those services that you could not give me.

Reflection
Honor, respect and love those who serve. Honor especially those who serve through the graciousness of Christ. Those who intentionally shine the light of Christ in the work and the deeds that they perform in humility to their neighbors. Love those who put God and neighbor first. These are the people that God has mercy on. Mercy that radiates to those around. Honor, respect and love those who serve. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
For those who serve as Jesus taught, I give thanks and praise. Teach me this value, that I may exhibit your love. --- Amen

No comments: