Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 20th - Reflection


Luke 18:15-17 (NRSV)
Receiving the kingdom of God

People were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them; and when the disciples saw it, they sternly ordered them not to do it. But Jesus called for them and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it."

Reflection
How do I prepare to receive the kingdom of God? Jesus tells me I am to receive it like a child,  humble and receptive. How could I be any more than an infant in the kingdom of God anyway. Or even Peter, Paul or the religious leaders? We are all but mere infants in the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is so vast and so huge and so wide that all are invited to come. All infant children of God are invited into the kingdom of God the creator of all that exists. All infants from hours to centuries in age are invited into the kingdom of God. And together, as God increases our knowledge, faith, hope and love we will live in the kingdom of God. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Thank you Lord, for opening your kingdom even to me. --- Amen

No comments: