Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 11th - Reflection


Psalm 146:5-10 (NRSV)
God lifts up those bowed down

Happy are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord their God,
who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them;
who keeps faith forever;
who executes justice for the oppressed;
who gives food to the hungry.

The Lord sets the prisoners free;
the Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;
the Lord loves the righteous.
The Lord watches over the strangers;
he upholds the orphan and the widow,
but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

The Lord will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the Lord!

Reflection
Who you gonna call? Likewise, who you gonna trust? All of our trust, hope, and faith is with God. Kingdoms come and go, governments come and go, church leaders come and go, companies come and go. All things earthly and material come and go. It's like a cycle that goes round and round. But this psalm, speaks to me about a God that is steady and trustworthy.

I can trust that God, the creator, the redeemer, the life of the universe, always cares about me. God cares about his creation. God who has been forever will reign forever. God's presence throughout all time and space.

God with us, to take care of the widow, the orphan, the stranger, the prisoner, and yes the sinner like me. I know I'm a sinner. I need God's love and care and place all my trust in him. And as God fills me with faith; my hope grows, my trust is sure, and I become what God would have me be. God has a huge job ahead for me. But knowing that God will reign forever...I'm in it for the long haul. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I'm here for you. Keep working on me. --- Amen

No comments: