Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 29th - Reflection


Luke 19:41-44 (NRSV)
Jesus weeps over Jerusalem

As he came near and saw the city, he wept over it, saying, "If you, even you, had only recognized on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. Indeed, the days will come upon you, when your enemies will set up ramparts around you and surround you, and hem you in on every side. They will crush you to the ground, you and your children within you, and they will not leave within you one stone upon another; because you did not recognize the time of your visitation from God."

Reflection
God is with us now. God's desire is for us to be saved. God is longing to save us. See the love of God in the baby Jesus. God is in the flesh now and has come to the humble and meek of the world. God in Jesus lived for you and me to bring peace and to make peace.

Did we see it? Did we miss it? Did we run to the Savior and declare our belief? Did we live out our baptism?

Watch out that you don't fall into the trench dug around you. The trench that will contain all of those who chose not to believe in the works of God. God made Jesus obvious to all the world. Pay attention. Repent. Be baptized. Believe!

God is with us! God is with us closely in our hearts and in spirit. God is in flesh through Jesus and Spirit and Father of all. God is with us! Wake up! Come out of the sleep and see!

Recognize the time of your visitation from God!

Prayer
Lord, you are faithful and consistent. Each day you make yourself obvious. You are with me in Spirit and flesh. You bless my life and give me all I need to live. I believe. I look back and repent of the wrong I have done and ask you to lead and guide me in new ways. Teach me to love. Teach me to live compassion. Show me the steps I am to take today. But most of all, thanks for coming to visit! Thanks! --- Amen

No comments: