Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanks for the Year

This past year it has been a joy to reflect on daily readings. It's always been a wonderful experience for me to take time each day in prayer and reflection on God's Word. Along with the daily readings, I would like to recommend to you a Bible Reading Plan that I followed this past year. I have followed many reading plans over the years, but by far this one has been one of my favorites.

The plan is The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan. It is from NavPress. I haven't any idea if there is any affiliation with a denomination or not. I have enjoyed the manner of reading through the Bible in this manner. Basically there is a reading from the Old Testament beginning with Genesis --- There is a reading from the Gospels beginning with Matthew --- There is a reading from the letters beginning with Acts --- and finally a reading from Psalms. At the completion of the year you will have read the Bible.

Each month includes 25 readings. This allows for a little breathing room and in your daily readings you can take a few days to research. I enjoyed reading through the Gospels slowly in this manner and spending more time with shorter passages.

I highly recommend the use of a reading plan in whatever manner you choose. The Word of God will open up in your life in many situations and be applicable in more ways than you could have ever imagined possible.

Thanks for any readers out there and I have enjoyed walking with Christ and you this past year.


Bill

No comments: