Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16th - Reflection


Matthew 18:10-14 (NRSV)
Not one of these little ones should be lost
"Take care that you do not despise one of these little ones; for, I tell you, in heaven their angels continually see the face of my Father in heaven.

What do you think? If a shepherd has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety nine that never went astray. So it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost.

Reflection
God doesn't want anyone to perish. God cares about each of us so much that in heaven we have angels that are continually in the face of the Father. We're talking about God here! The God of the universe, beyond as big as we can think and beyond as small as we can think, before and after time, that God.

God wants to save each one of us and never let us stray. Yet this same God created us so that we could stray if we choose to. That's a God of love! And this God rejoices when we return to him. Rejoices when he tracks us down and finds us and leads us back. That's a great and awesome thought. That's our God and he wants us.

God wants and loves you and me and the person next to you and her, his little ones. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
I love you Lord! Teach me to love others as well. Show me and teach me your passion in love. --- Amen

No comments: