Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19th - Reflection


Psalm 121 (NRSV)
The Lord watches over you
I lift up my eyes to the hills --
from where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
He who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time on and forevermore.
Reflection
When we place all of our trust in God, we begin to see the God of creation. As we lift our eyes to the hills, we see the vastness of all that God has created. We stand in awe of the hand work or God and the precision of life. Then life brings forth thoughts of God working throughout history with this people. And God works not only with his people but works on a personal level with you and with me. Once again we are brought full cycle, as we recall that God is the God of eternity.

This Psalm leaves me in awe of God's power, love and might. It takes me out and then close in to feel the breath of God on my cheek. We have a wonderful loving God in our midst, day by day. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, as I climb on your lap this day, comfort me, teach me, encourage me, hear my worship and send me to do your will in your way this day. --- Amen

No comments: