Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24th - Reflection


Colossians 1:15-23 (NRSV)
Christ, the reconciliation of all things

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers all things have been created through him and for him. He himself is before all things, and in him all things hold together. He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might come to have first place in everything. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross.

And you who were once estranged and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his fleshly body through death, so as to present you holy and blameless and irreproachable before him provided that you continue securely established and steadfast in the faith, without shifting from the hope promised by the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven. I, Paul, became a servant of this gospel.

Reflection
What a connection God has made in Jesus with us and the created.

In our fall, Jesus came in our form, to make the creation acceptable once again.

And how all things include what is invisible now to my eyes is beyond my thoughts.

But I can have faith in what God has done.
I can believe and account for Jesus birth, life, ministry, suffering, death and resurrection.
I can look to the words of the Bible and see evidence recorded years ago that attest to this very account.
I can believe in those words.
I can choose to live by the Word made flesh.
I can be a disciple of Jesus and choose to take his hand while in my lifetime and follow his lead.
I can do this because God builds faith and increases hope and chose to be involved in my life through a close relationship with Jesus.
Finally, I can continue in hope the the gospel I have heard proclaimed and become a servant of this gospel.
What great things I can do, all because of what God chose to do for me through Jesus.
Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, your way is beyond my imagination. But that's what I love about you. You are the great I AM. You are my God. You are my Savior. And because You are --- I can be your child. --- Amen

No comments: